Beautifully crafted, thoughtfully designed, all new home in Madison Valley. Two blocks to neighborhood stores & restaurants, including Cafe Flora & Essential Baking Company. Around the corner from the Arboretum and minutes to downtown and 520. Oriented to the south, this sensibly sized home is filled with natural light.Wrap around back deck opens to south patio. Main floor bedroom, bathroom off master, wool carpeting upstairs, custom maple cabinets, 9' and vaulted ceilings, walk-in closets, ceiling fans, upstairs washer/dryer, alley access with off street parking. Attention to detail throughout the house.
• 4 star Built Green/Energy Star/Third party verified (by the O’Brien Company)
• A compact, well designed home is more energy efficient. A major impact from building homes is the extraction, processing, transportation and maintenance of building materials and the long-term energy use.
• Exceeded Energy Star home requirements – Energy Star homes are at least 15% more energy efficient than homes built to Washington state energy codes
• Increased insulation effectiveness with BIBS (Blown-In-Blanket-Insulation) in the walls – Blown-In System fills all the voids around electrical wiring and plumbing pipes providing more effective insulation and improved sound control
• Energy Star appliances
• Non-ducted natural gas stove heating system. Use of ceiling fans. Improves air quality and energy efficiency - Supplementary convection heaters & thermostats in other rooms
• Blower door rating exceeding Built Green targets – house is built tight and fresh air comes in where designed to come in through the window vents, not through the crawl, walls or attic.
• Energy efficient compact fluorescent light fixtures in at least 50% of sockets
• Lighting dimmers for better light control and to save energy
• Lighting timers and compact fluorescent used for exterior lights to save energy
• Maximum use of engineered building products – minimal use of old-growth wood
• Low VOC paint on all major surfaces for better indoor air quality
• Used formaldehyde-free fiberglass insulation for improved air quality
• Up to R-49 EcoBatts in the vaulted ceilings (code is R-38)
• Large front porch and south facing, wrap-around back porch with usable room for outdoor living
• Centrally located water heater to save energy
• Light-colored interior finishes and skylights for natural lighting
• 100% wool carpeting installed by tacking - no glue for better indoor air quality
• Brought in 20 yards of Cedar Grove Compost to amended the soil
• Installed materials with longer life cycles – fiber-cement siding, porcelain tile, 50-year roofing
• Cable ready and Cat5 wiring in every bedroom, living room and kitchen
• 800 sqft extra deep crawl space with concrete slab for dry storage
• Chroma quartz countertops – highly heat, stain and scratch resistant needing little maintenance
• Custom maple cabinets featuring “soft close” hardware, pullout pantries, recycling center pullout
• First floor bedroom and full bath allows for one story living – or used as home office or guest suite
• Large walk-in closets in every bedroom provides ample storage
• FSC Brazilian Tigerwood floors, 100% wool carpet, porcelain tile
• Bottom up/Top down blinds maximize privacy, light and options
• 2nd floor laundry, attic space, ceiling fans, skylights
For more photos and info click here.