Monday, November 30, 2009

front porch inspiration - seabrook, wa

Neil and I went to Seabrook, Washington for the first time for my birthday a year ago. We rented a mother-in-law apartment above a garage with a bit of a view of the Pacific ocean. Seabrook is a new town that is being created along the coast about 2-1/2 hours drive from Seattle. When my parents came for a visit this summer, we rented a small cottage that was one of 10 clustered around a courtyard...very similar to the communities we design at Ross Chapin Architects. The town itself is still being developed, but there is a cafe, grocery and about 130 homes. The master plan is very well thought-out and I appreciated the walk-ability and pedestrian connections. So if you are looking for a place to go on the Washington coast, I would highly recommend checking it out.